Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November?

Wow. Are you sure this is really November? Feels like summer to me. I guess all the leaves on the ground are proof that it really is still fall, even though the temperature feels more like a beach day.

I love fall leaves! Don't you? I took the photo above of some Liquid Amber leaves surrounding a pumpkin that didn't get "jack o' lanterned." I played with the photo on the computer a bit to make it look more interesting. After I printed out my photo, I got to thinking more about the fall leaves, and how they are only here for a little while. So, I wrote the following poem.


   Falling Leaves

   Falling leaves of brown and golden,
   leaves of orange, leaves of red,
   falling down upon the sidewalk
   on the cars and on my head.
   Leaves that danced with rain in springtime,
   leaves that shaded summer’s noon,
   falling from November branches,
   falling, falling, gone too soon.

Hey. Why don't you write a poem and email it to me at olrbear@gmail.com ? Or leave it for me here by clicking on the Comment link below this post. I'll publish it right here on my blog. Come on. You can do it.








I'm waiting . . .

Still waiting . . .

. . .  and waiting . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment