Sunday, September 19, 2010

Football and Ice Cream

"Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?" The Boys A Flag Team kicked off the 2010 season going paw to paw with St. Cyprian's at Saint John Bosco High School. Our Bear's didn't get the win, but this team sure show lots of potential. Did you come out to cheer them on? GO BEARS!!!

I stopped by to get a closeup look at this cool statue of St. John Bosco. Somebody tell the statue kid that I'm not a present from Saint JB. Awkward . . .

Did you know that St. John Bosco's relics had actually visited the High School the day before. The year 2015 will mark 200 years since St. JB was born. To celebrate, his relics are touring the world. Do you know what a relic is? I didn't. I had to Google it. According to the FreeDictionary.com a relic is "An object of religious veneration, especially a piece of the body or a personal item of a saint." How cool is that? Learn more about relics HEREIf you want to wach a slide show of the Bosco Braves hanging with their main Saint, click HERE .

Ice Cream Social was mega fun as usual. There were so many people from my school and from my parish, I got worried that they might run out if ice cream. THEY DIDN'T! Did you see this new kid who was hanging with Mrs. T.? I didn't get his name, but he's a Peace Builder, which is way cool. Man. The Boys Flag Football team could sure use him. Somebody sign this guy up!

No comments:

Post a Comment